Ever since my family and I transitioned to a plant-based diet, I've been attempting to make a burger recipe that we love. Some were too moist; some were too dry. We just couldn't get it right! Finally, after much experimenting... we came up with what we consider the PERFECT lentil burger patty. The texture and flavor are just right, and they're full of healthy ingredients that treat your body right. Simple, fun, and delicious... sounds like a signature Clean Eating by Jessie recipe!
Use an iron skillet and a bit of oil to make the most amazing vegan burger EVER! RECIPE: LENTIL BURGER PATTIES
Ingredients: 1 cup pre-cooked green lentils
1 cup oats
1/2 cup walnuts
2 flax seed eggs (2 T ground flax seed, 6 T water)*
1-2 Tablespoons avocado oil (optional)
1 tsp sage
1 tsp rosemary
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp pepper
1. Make flax seed eggs by mixing ground flax seed and water. Let sit for at least 10 minutes.*
2. In a food processor, break down walnuts and oats, separately.
3. If lentils are cooked al dente, process them as well.
4. Mix together lentils, walnuts, and oats.
5. Add in flax eggs and seasoning, and mix well.
6. Preheat skillet, add oil (if desired).
7. While skillet is heating, form patties (makes 6-8).
8. Brown patties in skillet, flipping at least once.
Note: *You can use 1/4 cup applesauce in place of one or both flax seed eggs.
I like to serve mine with romaine lettuce, ketchup and guacamole, but the toppings and options are endless! You can even use this recipe to make meatloaf or meatballs as well.
If you make these, please comment and let me know how it goes.